Friday, February 22, 2008

Steampunk Earrings

I've been making a few pairs of earrings when I can get matching parts. Here are a pair with some beautiful metallic pearls balancing with small garnets. The Victorians loved their pearls. These baroque pearls are particularly fine.

pearl steampunk earrings
At the top I added these pewter-colour decorative pieces. They had a few more bits on the side which I clipped and sandedand filed clean. They add a bit more style I think... a little bit of an extra dash.

I've also been inspired...
The other night we stood out in the cold and watched the eclipse. I love it when the moon became that spooky red. No wonder it was frightening for so many people in the ages past. If i can find a nice coppery watch back I am planning on creating a steampunk brooch - or maybe a pendant of the event. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to make more steampunk jewelry.

No comments: